terça-feira, 4 de setembro de 2012

Before going to bed...

Well, previously during the night I was reading a bit on what this "Slenderman" is, as it seems to be appearing quite frequently these past days... it is supposedly an adult figure with tentacles or something and no face, like a mannequin... (hm... is that word like that because of "man" and "kin"? As in it means it's a kind of man?.... well, doesn't matter now) and I read there that some believe in the tulpa effect, which consists more or less of multiple people believing in something's existence will eventually make it turn real, material, existing, even if it started just as an idea, and in this case, if many people believed in the Slenderman then he/it would become real... anyways since of the "XXX effect" title of that I decided to do some research, while I waited for her to come say "good night" one last time or something.... or not but I studied a bit about the doppler effect and sonic booms (and turns out I already knew what the doppler effect was, just didn't remember hahah)...


Anyway... My point is... after that I followed some links in the Slenderman's page... which led me deeper into the Internet... Most of you don't even know what I'm talking about... but there are parts of the Internet that not all of us go to... not saying this one was one of them, but was getting close...

Well, it was a site with stories supposed to be scary and all, well I do know most of them (at least most) are supposed to be just made up and for shivery effects... the first one I read was called "An egg", with the plain image of an egg... as weird and oddly funny as that was (being a supposed "horror" page) I clicked it... well it was a normal story, nothing scary actually, but it was quite fascinating and cool! In fact, I did post it on facebook... since it's late and all, not sure if many or any will see it... but certainly recommend it :)

Then I moved on to one called "Dead Bart"... which also had a picture of a zombie looking Bart Simpson... I also thought it was rather lol-worthy, and funny and all so I started reading... that's when it began... I started to not look at that image the same way as I went on reading it... and mind you, I am very strong as of these things, but I cannot lie, I did shiver a lot while reading that (and the next stories too...)... in fact, I am shivering all over my body just thinking about it... I will not recommend anyone to read those things I found there (not only those two or course), unless you have something to keep you steady... and specially not during night time...

But truth be told, I could have been more scared. Firstly because I was listening to random music from final fantasy IX (just now switched to final fantasy VIII but isn't working for some reason... ok done) and with the thought in mind that... I have her :)

True... I am strong and all but... I really did feel much better just thinking about her, that's why I read so many stories and... saw... those images... because I thought "I don't care how scary or fear inducing these things are before I go to bed... If I get any troubled thoughts I will just think of her... and that light will clear the darkness =) "... It is true that I actually thought that, and what's more, tomorrow I will be with her, so I will feel even better with her ^^

Don't think I want her to see any of that... well.... maybe apart from "An Egg" but... I wish for her to be happy and I don't want her to read, see or hear anything that could trouble her...



But if she really wanted to or something... I hope it will be in a time where I can be with her for long...

Not because I think she is weak or that she can't handle it but... I want  to be there and comfort her if she needs it, as these are no ordinary horror stories and are even much worse than those mails that tell you to send the things to hundreds of people or you would get an horrible fate...

Well yea, their nature does seem to be somewhat the same... Simply something created to be spread around the Internet, frightening and moving the reader...


Those stories are very powerful indeed and it is rare for me to say this...

Also, I would like to add that I read the ones (but not all) in the "Suggested Reading" section... in other words, to get started as they say... I'm not sure if they are the "softest", "most widely known" (well... yea, that I think they are), or simply the strongest so that you start really strong in it...

Either way... those things are masterfully crafted, they really did capture the essence of fear and uncertainty... and could make the simplest thing, even a drawing or a dog, a sight that you would rather not think about again... actually, now that I think about it, I am pretty sure that despite all, the thing that makes my body act more violently (as in shaking and stuff) was... in fact... a cartoon... more precisely the Bart one... even though it was the one who I initially "laughed" more at...

But all in all, most were easy to cope with, since you could find one or two traces that made it look like they were made up, such as very convenient evidence destructions, lack of proofs, unnecessary events, etc...




And with all that said, now it's time... I'm pretty sure today I will "need" her a bit more in my thought than usual though ehehhe :P

But I'm ok... because I have her ^^

She makes me happy ^^

... in fact... I think I will make some gifts for her ^^
Farewell waking up early tomorrow hahaha

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário